Wednesday, April 22, 2009

What goes in...

And now...the moment you've all been waiting for. Fresh from the babe...not her first performance, but definitely one of the BEST!

POOP!

Madeleine says, "There's definitely more room on the outside than there is on the inside!"
So...the nurse and I were changing her diaper together, it's hard to reach the other side of the babe in the isolette so it's good to have a pair of hands on both sides. I unlatched the diaper and saw that she had a few little pieces of poo there...and the nurse goes, "Looks like she's still working on it..." and kinda pushes her legs back on her belly a little bit and that was just enough pressure to help her out with the situation! I really have never seen anything like it...truly. I will spare you the details...you can see the results for yourselves.

You have to admit, it's an interesting shape...no?! :) It was also funny today...Peanut had a very wet diaper and I asked her nurse if she can tell how much they weigh by just feeling them. She bet 26, I bet 27...it ended up being 34 ml. Sheesh. What a PEE-nut!

In other news...today Madeleine was 5 weeks old, that makes her about 30 weeks and a day (or two) old. We had her traditional Wednesday birthday party in the cafeteria. I have to say, I'm finally completely OVER the food there...except the cookies. Punkin is scheduled for an eye exam next week and after hearing how they do it...I will NOT be looking. Fortunately, I've been told it's very quick. I'm curious to see...just what she sees. She's still loving Mr. Servo i and in fact, they removed the oscillator from her bed space. She's at 18 ml of breast milk now and will be at full-feeds in a day or so. That means, bye-bye TPN. They already stopped her lipids and once she's at full-feeds, they will add fortifier to her milk to give it more calories. As soon as they know she can tolerate that...they will remove her PICC line. The less hoses and wires on my child...the sooner I can hold her! Their next problem will be...getting me to let go.

3 comments:

  1. Love the picture, Kim :)!! Isn't it amazing the things we talk about and get excited about, once we have a child? Still praying for your little one. Hugs, Tiff & family

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great news. I loved the hold time. I had to go and buy new button up shirts, so we had skin to skin time. Thats the best. She is doing so, so good. The eye exams are scary dont blame you for not wanting to look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh you know youre a parent when....you are officially there!!

    Gma Laura

    ReplyDelete