Thursday, April 16, 2009

Peanut Princess

Madeleine is doing well so far tonight yet very active...she's been all over the place with her sats...one minute she'll be low...the next minute high. She did just get 3 ml of food and a position change at 11 pm and is now *sorta* settling down. She's a wild girl, moving her arms and feet around...she's ALIVE, and she's strong for being such a petite Peanut.

She also did get a glycerin suppository because she hasn't pooped since her last "poop party" (4 times in one 24 hour span) a few days ago, so we're hoping for some messy diapers tonight. I changed her right before her feeding and it was soaked. They're planning on weaning her delta P vent setting down from 35 to 33 at 2 am. Hopefully she'll tolerate that and keep moving forward, I'm ready to get some snuggling going here!!! It's making this mommy very antsy!

4 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. You wish they would just speek plane English instead of their jibber- jabber. Has she had any other blood transfusions? I think Alaynna had at least 12. with them taking blood several times aday, how do they expect our angels make it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I couldn't understand the doctor because she was from India! You just get tired of saying, "Could you repeat that, please?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, I love your artwork and you are such a talented writer as well! I'll bet Madeleine will have plenty of cool art projects growing up with you as a mom :)! Take care and we're praying for you guys.
    Love, Tiff & family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, I love reading your blogs on my days off, it prepares me for what I need to clarify when I return. I won't say much about peanut, since I am one of the few that get to follow her progress -FIRST HAND.
    Keep the daily's coming..... :)Nurse A..

    ReplyDelete