Saturday, April 4, 2009

Update

Today is a good day so far...they were checking our Peanut for infection, and had already started her on antibiotics. Her cultures came back negative for infection after 48 hours so they stopped the antibiotics. Her belly is still "round" yet soft, so they upped her feeds from 1 ml every 3 hours, to 2 ml! Not a lot, but hopefully it will keep stimulating her body to work better and better. Her oxygen goes up and down, but that's "normal". They said she's borderline anemic, so she'll probably get more blood tomorrow. I'm not thrilled about all the blood she's getting, I know she needs it to live, just wish I could give it to her. They put the blood through tons of test, I just don't want her to come away from this with a disease from it.

She was just sleeping like a baby...like a good little Peanut...so I came home to work on the house. I'm cleaning and relocating items OUT of what will be her room...taking piles of beads and art supplies and finding new homes for them. I am happy that I can paint it for her now...before I felt to sick to do anything and even though I'd rather still be pregnant, this is the next best thing. She's being very well cared for and I am starting to feel ok about not sitting there staring at her isolette all day long. While she's sleeping, I need to prepare her Peanut Palace!

1 comment:

  1. Just checking in from our vacation in Florida. Sounds like Madeleine's being well cared for and I'm glad to hear Kim's doing some prep at home - that's always fun :). Love, Tiff and family

    ReplyDelete