Monday, April 20, 2009

Peanutville

Remember that Madeleine L'Engle book, "A Wrinkle in Time"? That concept of time 'buckling' and allowing you to step off the line of time from one spot to another...that's been happening a lot to me lately. If I could sit back and say..."What's next?"...this is what I see.
Know what this is? Madeleine's future Peanut Palace! It used to be my bead and sewing room and it's connected to our bedroom via a pocket door (shown in top picture). 2 of the walls are white, and two are deep red...the ceiling has wallpaper on it, at least 3 layers when concidering what the rest of the house has had (some places 5 layers). It's ok, it's so old and crusty, it comes off in a sheet when faced with my wallpaper steamer. Best $50 I've ever spent on the house. The floor is dark, painted around the edges and covered with a sticky layer of residue from the tar paper that was under the linoleum. Basically, it's gross.

Peanut, through her powers of mental telepathy, has told me that she would like a bright, yet rich lavender colored room and she wants her daddy to sand the floors and make them nice and light. She also desires something fun on the ceiling to look at...a blue sky with clouds...wispy ones, not cartoony and boring. A tree on one wall was also a thought...some gauzy curtains with darker ones too for sleeping during the day...and last she was thinking a rug would be nice since her mommy's feet get so cold in the winter...no telepathy there, she heard all about it this winter!

Basically, to avoid that wrinkle in time that I feel so rapidly approaching, I need to get busy.

1 comment:

  1. I can confirm, from experience, that Madeleine will enjoy some wispy ceiling clouds, as I have clouds on my sunroom ceiling. :-)

    Judy H.

    ReplyDelete