Sunday, April 26, 2009

Still high on the babe!

Holding that babe was such a high for me...it took me a while to fall asleep last night. I kept having to tell myself to stop thinking about it, and go to bed! 6:30 came early this morning, but I was still buzzed on Madeleine...still needed that soy chai though! On a sad note, I got a lovely latte this morning and promptly knocked the entire thing off the dining room table onto the hardwood floors...(Sadie got a little). Maybe that's God's way of telling me not to consume too much caffeine!

Peanut is doing very well...she's still doing that crazy bounce from one end of her oxygenation levels to the other...I'm going to ask about that one tomorrow. She was down to 43% on her oxygen when we left the NICU this afternoon...it's the lowest yet. She's at 25 ml of milk every 3 hours, and now Tim has witnessed what I experienced a few days back with the "you know what"...starts with a P and ends with a P, with double O's in the middle! I sorta promised my cousin Alex that I wouldn't post any more of those pictures...! But, she did it again...I'm not sure why she waits for the diaper to be OFF to do that? Oh, freedom...

Tomorrow morning I'm going to do jewelry making with the 5th/6th grade girls at the academy I taught at last year...thank God Madeleine is doing so well and I can feel ok about leaving her for some time to do things like this...if they get done early with jewels, I may move right on to drawing class! A card for Madeleine? I'll teach them to draw PEANUTS!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh - what a HUGE blessing to be able to hold your daughter!!! Praise God!! Glad you got the package. The girls and I really enjoyed picking out everything, especially the cute little dresses. Alex loves being mentioned in today's blog :)! I told her you have to be a mom to appreciate the poop thing. We got a good laugh out of her 8 year old perspective on it! So happy for you guys! Love, Tiff & Family

    ReplyDelete