Tuesday, April 28, 2009

"The eyes *don't* have it"

Little Peanut is shaking her fist at me wanting to know why I haven't worked on her room yet?! She's warning me that if I don't get to it...she'll be home before I know it and her room will be u-g-l-y. I've picked the colors, Peanut...but I'm a long way from painting.

Madeleine had a slight dip last night...she was just "unhappy" and was desatting...her blood gas came back with the co2 in the 70's again so they gave her a bump on her vent...she was back up to high 50's on her oxygen again...and they said her right lung was just collapsed a little bit. The doctor that's on the next few weeks is one of our favorites so far, and she wasn't worried about it being something that won't work itself out. She's been right on about everything so far, so it gave me peace of mind to hear her opinion. She said that she is very happy with how Madeleine has been progressing and given this doc's' skill at seeing the big picture, that was nice to hear.

Peanut had that eye exam today...as previously stated, I was not looking. In fact, I think she got it about the time I was making jewelry with the girls this morning. The results were that her eyes are "premature" which is normal right now, and so far, she doesn't have the eye disease yet that preemies are prone to which causes blindness. She said that if she'll get it, it will be in the first 3 weeks of checking. 2 weeks to go Peanut! She (opthamologist) said that she's got pupils now...those cells are there, and next her iris will form? And her eyes won't be "mature" until 2 week after she was to be born...so in July.

Other than that...Peanut has been swaddled and sleeping...and yawning!!! (It looks like she's yelling and clapping her hands, but she really was just yawning...)


ps...Madeleine peed on me today during a diaper change...isn't that fascinating?!

2 comments:

  1. What great news today. I'm so glad her eye test went well. She looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brand new info for me about the eyes. Did not know that they wouldn't mature yet for awhile. Glad that exam went well.

    Judy H.

    ReplyDelete