Monday, April 6, 2009

Eye see you!

"I see you staring at me...can't you see I'm trying to enjoy belly time?!!!"

Madeleine has been a good girl the past few days, yet willful as always! She would only "behave" when she was on her belly...if situated on her back or side, her oxygen would desat and they'd have to turn it way up. Finally tonight, she began to tolerate being on her back once again. If they don't flip her, she'll get a "toaster head"! Then, she'll have to wear a helmet then it will be ROUND! So we want them to flip the little pancake from side to side.

She's been tolerating her feeds really well now, no adverse reactions and they're going down just fine. Not sure WHERE it's all going...(well I know where it goes...it's just that it's not coming out yet!) She's at 2 ml every 3 hours, and there's talk of putting her up to 3 ml tomorrow...we'll see. Other than that, everything is stable and unchanged...even though I pray for quick progress...level ground is also welcome right now.


Madeleine's hair is turning out to be a very pretty shade of light golden brown...I think it's like her daddy's hair. She's got the best wrinkles too...it's just extra, she'll grow into it!

4 comments:

  1. What a tiny sweet thing! Have been able to hold her yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, and the wait is horrible! I've gotten to change her diaper, place my hands on her gently, hold her tiny hand with my finger, and right before they transported her from the birth hospital to the one she's at now, I got to kiss her little head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim and Tim, We have been praying really hard for you and your little lady. She is sure a pretty one! It sounds like Miss Madeleine is doing very well overall. Be assured of our thoughts and prayers for her to continue growing... Love, Danny and Berna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers, and pulling for Madeleine to continue her positive progress.

    {{Hugs all around}}

    Judy H.

    ReplyDelete