Thursday, April 23, 2009

Bedside Art


This monogrammed blog is brought to you by Pretty Peanut, Inc.

Was busy by Madeleine's bedside making little artsy things yesterday. I was a bit "blocked" and I rarely get artist's block...it's more like artist's freeze...like an old typewriter when the keys all go at the same time and get locked together. Since Peanut is my inspiration, working on her initials or drawing a peanut usually gets things moving. After her initials, I went back to bird land.
This is the kind of tree I'd like to paint in her room, a sumi-e inspired Japanese cherry blossom.

It's 10:30 am and I haven't been to see the Peanut yet because I've been cleaning the house all morning. When I called, she'd had a good night, her blood gases had been steady and she was in the 50% range on her oxygen and tolerating feeds well still. Good news like that chills me out and allows me to feel ok about being home doing things, but it only takes a few hours and I'm antsy to leave. I've never wanted to be at a hospital so much in my life! It's a good thing that I've gotten over that whole "throwing up in hospitals" thing I used to do!

*Update 8pm*
Peanut is holding steady and doing well. I spent all day with her giving her "touchies" in her isolette. Her blood gas this afternoon was good, she's up to 19 ml of milk now with fortifier in it. More calories! I changed her diaper and helped to reposition her for tummy time. She woke up right as she was put on her tummy so she squirmed for 10 minutes with her eyes wide open and was desatting. As soon as she snoozed off into dream land...she was sat'n hi once more! Good Peanut.

No comments:

Post a Comment