Thursday, April 2, 2009

Drawing trees















This is what I do in between staring at my Peanut...draw trees. Otherwise, I think I would go completely crazy!

Today was full of twists and turns on the NICU roller coaster ride...oxygen up and down, x-rays on her belly, cerfactin for her lungs...basically she needs to have a "stool"...and she's still not strong enough, so they give her glycerin...and she goes a little...then her lungs are still growing and they want to ween her off the oscillating ventilator and onto a regular one...but she keeps going up and down...and she likes to sleep on a certain side, but they have to flip her to keep her moving and then she doesn't breath as well on that side...uhg! That was the day...and I think my Peanut is doing better than her mom is right now!

I called the NICU at 2 am to check on Madeleine since they were checking her blood and the nurse just said "Well, we fixed her!" She said whatever they did from the time dad and I left, did her good...whether it was repositioning her, or getting her to poop a little, but her CO2 came down and her...well, I don't really understand all the stuff they check...but mainly she was doing great! I think it was that I got in there and touched the relic of St. Gerard to her foot and back right before we left...I'll be doing that again tomorrow! I'm sure once is all one needs, but it never hurts to ask for more help. Deo Gratias.

1 comment:

  1. Checking the blog from Joplin

    Grand father

    ReplyDelete