Monday, May 4, 2009

Pray for chunk


The "issue du jour" is...weight gain! Madeleine lost a little bit of weight this weekend, then put a little bit back on..but basically, she needs to beef up because what's in store for her is better than pizza! A crib! She will finally be paroled from her lucite box and into a big girl bed. All she has to do is keep her temperature up, which she's pretty good at...and keep gaining weight. She will be a little past 32 weeks this Wednesday on her 7 week birthday...which also means she can have a little more light on her too.

She's still having a blood sugar issue, up and down...so now they're feeding her over an hour and a half. I'm still curious about this "human milk fortifier"...especially since it has corn syrup solids in it. I know she needs the extra calories...but why corn syrup? Isn't sugar "empty calories"...can't they squeeze some avocado in there or something?!!! Maybe I need to eat more bacon...

I'm definitely in need of some bacon after today...I painted scenery from 8 am until 4:30...that's almost a real work day! I haven't gotten to see my Peanut at all...I'm having Peanut withdrawal symptoms. Tomorrow I carve rocks out of foam...this is the only kind of rock you can float across a lake on! Two more days of scenic art and I'll be back to my 7 hour Peanut sittings. I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. i didnt know you saw her at 7 hours at a time... do you get to hold her alot? david

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to spend all day at the hospital, and will again once all the art projects are finished. Bird houses next week...sorry I didn't come in Thursday..."Miss Brenner" would have been tired and grumpy...who needs that?!

    ReplyDelete