Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Finger Nomming...

"Mommy Tiiiiiime! Ooh mommy, I hope my chin's as big as yours someday!"

Peanut's isolette kept registering hotter than it was...so she got a new one. (Her temp was fine) And it really was new! It still had the manual in it and the cables were all zip tied up. Madeleine is the first peanut to grow in it. While the bed transfer was going on, I got to hold the Peanut. This time...I didn't resist her sweet fingers and "nommed"on them just a little. They were very tasty.

After Madeleine got her new bed, she thanked her nurse friend by licking her finger! She got caught in the action in the above photo...Mr. McBearenstein witnessed the whole scene!

Peanut had her 2nd eye exam today and her eyes are still just premature and so far show no sign of retinopathy of prematurity. Woohoo.! One more exam to go...if she doesn't get it by next week, she will probably not get it. Her feeds were increased to 30 ml today because of her size and she is scheduled for another vent weaning at midnight. Today, she was at 40% oxygen for some of the time...she was wide awake after "mommy time" and needed a little more, so I'm hoping she needs less oxygen as the evening wears on.

The set is almost finished for the academy, so I'll be in Peanutville more. This morning I went to see her at 8 am and Madeleine's nurse friend looked at me like "What are YOU doing here?!" Actually she said, "What...did you not sleep?!" It was nice there in the morning...the halls were quiet, there was hardly anyone around...just how I like it!

6 comments:

  1. Great Aunti BarbaraMay 6, 2009 at 9:18 AM

    Madeleine is looking better every day. With lots of prayers and good nursing she will soon keep Daddy Tim and Mommy Kim hopping with all her shenanigans. Love to you all, GAB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look Great Aunt Judy, this is where you post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, beautiful picture of you and Madeleine! How's her room coming along?
    God Bless, Tiff & Family

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ceiling has most of it's wallpaper off...just one more scraping session then we'll fill, sand and paint. I'm a day away from being finished with this set for the school, then I'll "have a weekend" and use my spare time next week for Madeleine's room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. checking the blog from Salina Kansas

    grand father

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pic on top its so cute and accentuates the fact that she is just so tiny!

    ReplyDelete