Friday, May 1, 2009

Ishop4Pnut

Peanut is having those "boring days" that everyone told us to hope for. She's just eating, growing and taking her baby steps toward wellness. She's just started getting an iron supplement, still at 27 ml of fortified breast milk every 3 hours and still on hydrocortisone and a medication to help her liver. They are slowly weaning her vent down...just by 2-3 at a time. The nurse practitioner came by today and told me they were weaning it slowly and Shhhh...don't tell her! Meaning, if the "willful child" (as they called her the day she was born) knew...she'd act up...so let's be sneaky about it and she'll do fine! So far, so good

The other event for the day was...finding Peanut clothes! "Shopping is fun again!" Whose catch phrase is that...Old Navy? Funny...I hit 3 stores today in pursuit of tiny duds for my petite Peanut...and Old Navy was the only one that wasn't fun! It smells strongly of plastics in there...probably the wall of cheap flip-flops! Their clothes were expensive...I did better at Marshall's and Walmart! One of Madeleine's nurse friends told me about a onesie there that said "Half Pint Peanut" with an elephant on it...I snagged it! $2.50. Found this place online tonight, Sweet Peanut...they have a preemie shop!

I've found that shopping for myself is even less interesting than it was before...it's much more fun to buy stuff for Madeleine...and that I did. I spent $50 (thanks Mom!) and got her a ton of preemie clothes and a very soft blankie which we snuggled together in tonight!!!

Weight - 3 lbs. 4 oz

1 comment: