Saturday, May 9, 2009

Kids, kids, kids

Daddy's turn! We try to take turns but it's easier for mommy to sneak in holds during the day. Right now, we only hold her once a day since it's sort of an ordeal to "get her out of the box". Once she's off the ventilator, they'll have to pry her out of our arms!

Peanut is doing well...she got blood today for the first time in about 3 weeks or more. The continuous feeds seem to be helping her blood sugar...but she better not get used to it because I don't offer that service at home!

They're beginning to talk about a projected time for Peanut to come off of her vent and onto a cpap. A week is the hope, but it all depends on Madeleine of course. I fear that, with the way she tugs at her tubes which are anchored to her face...that she will just yank the nasal cannula from her nose in one swift jerk of the paw! Hopefully by then she'll be stable enough to handle that.

We are very tired parents these days...and it's the "parenting" that's our relaxation! The set for the academy is finished and now the art projects for the school auction are being wrapped up...today it was 1st and 2nd grade "fingerprinting" some ceramic plates. I dreaded it at first because I'd heard they were wild ones...but their behavior was top notch. It might be me though...I tend to intimidate kids until they get to know me. Or is it the other way around? (which one is it, Dave?!) Either way, they were so great today...it was actually a lot of fun!

I got my mother's day dinner tonight since we figure Sunday would be CRAZY at dining establishments. Fine by me! We ate at Eden's Alley, out on the patio under that crisp, full moon. I had the puff pastry with asparagus and goat cheese...amazing. We spent the rest of the evening at the Peanut Palace. Life is good.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first Mother's Day!
    Glad the Peanut continues to grow bigger and stronger every day.

    Judy H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim it was always just you....... you were'nt intimidating at all.......

    ReplyDelete