Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The best feet EVER....


Tonight I opened up the little plastic access doors and just laid my hands on her. It was awesome. She likes it too because she gets really calm and her vitals start to look better, or so the nurse tells me!


Madeleine seems to be beating the odds...the news has been good every day...she's making slow, yet marked improvements and everyone is happy with her progress (doctors, nurses, mucky mucks at the hospital, etc...) With every bit of good news they always add, "But she's got a long road ahead of her"...which I've heard about 6 times now. I think they're keeping us prepared for the worst, even though she's doing so very well. But whenever they come to give us a report, I wait for that line..."a long road ahead".

I've found that that long, rough road ends in more beautiful places then the well-worn easy roads that seem appealing to travel. Every hardship that I've had, especially in the past 5 years...has yielded something incredible on the other side. The hard part is keeping your faith and hope while in the thick of it. Madeleine and her mommy and daddy have had a pretty rough start...but I'm hoping it's an indication that, with a lot of prayer, we will come out smelling like a ROSE on the other side!

The sign says it all, "Family Waiting"...can't wait to bring Madeleine home!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful baby girl. God bless you and your family. Many prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete